NOTICE RELATING TO POPIA (Juristic Persons)
You will be aware of the implementation of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) on 1 July 2021. POPIA may have a bearing on how you interact with us. The note below serves as a summary and reminder of the main obligations that may apply to you in terms of POPIA. Kindly indicate your agreement to these terms. On agreement, these obligations will form part of your contract with Adriana Taljaard trading as AT Accounting and Taxation Solutions CC.
We confirm that we
- will comply with the provisions of POPIA to the extent that we process Personal Information;
- will not transfer such Personal Information out of the Republic of South Africa without prior written authorization by the client, unless in compliance with POPIA;
- will notify the client without delay and no later than 1 (one) day from the date of obtaining actual knowledge of any data security breach in respect of Personal Information or from when there are reasonable grounds to believe that Personal Information shared has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person and we will assist and cooperate in remediating any disclosures that may have been made;
- will implement and maintain reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the security of Personal Information, including security measures applicable to the storage and transmission of Personal Information and to prevent a data security breach;
- will keep client records for a period of 7 years from the date on which we no longer service the client. This includes the original of any document which we send electronically on a client’s behalf;
- will make client records available to the client when requested;
- all informational emails will be regarding SARS, Company Compliance Information and accounting notifications regarding our services;
- will comply with all policies and procedures relating to the protection of personal information and
Kindly complete the fields below to indicate your agreement to the above.
II, the undersigned, hereby warrant and declare that the information furnished above is true and complete. I also declare that I will inform AT Accounting, should my circumstances change in a way that effects the above attestation.